View Single Post
lors

Member Since Mar 2014
Default Feb 15, 2015 at 11:01 PM

We were at an amusement park yesterday and the group wanted to go on the fast rides, I could feel myself getting anxious but I made it a point to not acknowledge the feelings too much.

Instead, I focused on how fun it used to be and how much of a thrill it was to feel the wind, the speed of the descent, the weightlessness of the loop sections and the excitement would kind of match the fear and anxiety, evening things out so I looked bored hahahaha! If they only knew the inner battle I was fighting within.

It seemed like a balancing act but when it was nearing our turn I could feel myself tensing up again so I did the breathing exercise. Relaxed my posture etc...

Then it was our turn and I did my best to put on a brave face. We were headed up to the peak and that was the scariest part - when there's a pause at the apex and you're waiting for the drop at an incredible height. Well, at that point I started humming the Jaws theme which was kinda funny and distracted me enough that when the drop came, I was screaming my head off and raised my arms like I was still a kid. It was awesome haha
lors is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote