View Single Post
Hellion
Grand Magnate

Member Since Apr 2010
6 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 25, 2015 at 11:19 PM

Something that has not been mentioned, for getting disability for mental conditions...they do acknowledge decomposition or rather periods of it...basically if the stress of working causes you to break down and become suicidal/dysfunctional even more so than you are in your default state that can also help. That was part of how I got approved, because under low stress I do seem a bit more functional can sort of take on more...but increase in stress and I am a wreck. So for me I essentially with a lawyer had to prove though on initial apperance I could 'work' I would not be able to continue functioning in order to maintain that.

But yeah its easier with physical disabilities since like you can just say something specific prevents you from something specific...with mental stuff it can be more like 'well this makes this harder, but under stress it makes it impossible while other times I can function ok for a couple of days...so just ends up more difficult to prove why it prevents you working.

If you have medical records that date back a while, and your therapist or any mental health professionals you're seeing support the idea of getting SSI that should help your chances....you still could get denied initially, but you can appeal.

Thanks for this!
Seeker101, ShadowHorse, Solace2010