Magnate

Member Since May 2013
53 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 08, 2015 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonesomeTonight View Post
Why do you feel like you can't be honest with her? Is it because you think she wouldn't understand? If she's been in practice for a while, she's likely come across a submissive before. Try to be honest. She's there to help you, not to judge you.

I think don't think she will accept it. I told her that I identify as a sub over a year ago. She told me she wonders if I'm suppressing being a Dom. I told her I didn't think so. But that was so long ago and I didn't tell her how important this is to me and how much it is eating at me. I've been resisting going into a relationship partially because I am scared, and partially because I am fully aware of the fact that I will not be truly sexually compatible with 80-90% of men I meet.

We also do have a mother/daughter dynamic to some extent and I know that her thinking about me getting off to pain and completely surrendering my power to a man makes her a little uncomfortable. She'll tell me I'm acting out past trauma. Maybe I am. It doesn't matter. Most people find it therapeutic anyway.

I really need her support in this. I can't just willy nilly seek out a D/s relationship. I could get hurt really badly really fast if I submit to the wrong man.
growlithing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, trashking