Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2011
9,987 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 09, 2015 at 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoft View Post
  • When you think of yourself, aside from SPD, what stands out? The "three words to describe yourself" type thing.
  • Can you remember a time before onset, or do you think it's always been there?
  • What do others see? What have they observed? What do they like?
  • Which pieces of SPD or your respective individual personality have given you the biggest hardships/problems/stressors socially or otherwise? Which have given advantages?
  • What pieces of you contradict your SPD dx?
  • What are your favorite parts? Your least favorite?
  • What do you like to do? If you work, what is your job?
  • Do you care that you're different? Do you wish you didn't have SPD?
  • Growing up (or presently), did you feel a need to be individual, or a greater desire for conformity? Or did you not care about one way or another?
  • What do you want to improve?
  • What makes you want to table-flip?
I'm just curious about how much we are or aren't different from each other with a disorder that presents as very black and white for people that tend to see in shades of grey.
i would say i am a remote schizoid except for drifting aimlessly. three words to describe myself are solitary anxious and creative. i really dont know when the onset was. t seems to think it is the result of my other diagnoses. i had a friend who used to call me spock because of my lack of understanding of romantic ****. today people see me as funny intelligent and compassionate and a loner. i find the most difficult thing is not being able to attach to people, not caring enought to nurture relationships. they just dont matter to me. i feel guilty admitting that if i go a year without hearing from my children i still wouldnt make that effort to pick up the phone. i wouldnt even notice. i think the biggest advantage is even though i am alone and isolated due to my agoraphobia, i never feel lonely because i dont care about human contact. i contradict the diagnosis because i have a desire to have relationships deep down. my job also contradicts it because i am a social worker and have much compassion for the people i help. it just doesnt matter to me if i never see them again when they walk out the door. i didnt care one way or another about conformity, individuality. i dont care one way or another about a lot of things. i want to improve in the area of relationships. i want to have them. and i do my best not to get angry so i dont reach the point of table flipping.

kaliope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
JustTvTroping, mulan, Redsoft