View Single Post
pinkflower17

Member Since Feb 2015
19 hugs
given
Default Mar 11, 2015 at 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortandcute View Post
I'm kind of wondering exactly what you do that you work with attorneys, especially since you seem to be misinformed. Yes, an attorney can get more than the 25% or 6000, but only if it's been appealed and approved. And, no, not all attorneys take money from every check every month, so that statement was "fuzzy." And Rose76 was simply stating her opinion. Yes, stating an opinion is allowed. But not just for you.
Is this really that big of a deal? Who cares. Can she not defend herself? Some attorneys do take money from every check for a period of time. I work as a physician who performs SSDI evals on the side and consults with attorneys daily. No, it doesn't have to be appealed and approved. It just has to be considered "reasonable". And not everything has to be approved by SSA. Attorney's fees for example. And your attorney can force payment, even if you lose if you don't have a contract specifically stating that they will only collect if you win. They can also apply for additional fees to be approved by SSA if your case is approved so quickly there are no back payments. It's not as black and white as I think it was presented. I just want to make sure people know what they're getting in for. I was just stating my opinion and experience. That doesn't warrant this.
pinkflower17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote