View Single Post
xxxyyyzzz

Member Since Mar 2015
15 hugs
given
Unhappy Apr 04, 2015 at 09:11 PM

I'm a senior in high school and I noticed that since junior year, I couldn't walk to the bus stop in the mornings by myself without the fear of getting killed. I noticed that every person/car I approach, I get tense and can't even breathe until that threatening person goes away and I feel safe again. Then I noticed that it happens at any time of the day as long as I'm alone. If I'm with people on a calm street or if I'm with people on a road where a lot of cars pass by, I don't feel tense/scared. I have this belief that if something were to happen to me, there'd be witnesses around.

I wanted to see why I felt this way because it was something new:

Sophomore year. 1st semester finals. I had woken up late, so I had missed the bus and I had to walk to school. When I was walking to school, late already, the avenue got deserted out of nowhere. This car was coming and I didn't pay much attention to it until the person in the passenger seat threw a glass bottle at me (and I know it was at me because I was the only one walking and there was a lot of space since my school is surrounded by fields in the middle of nowhere). I could see the bottle passing one foot in front of my face at rocket speed, I had to stop to make sense of what had happened, and then I kept walking.

I don't know if the reason of my paranoia is because of that event sophomore year and if I need help to overcome it because now I can't go out alone to the store or with friends without this paranoia/fear of getting killed. My mom and sister say I exaggerate but they don't know what goes through my head whenever "danger" comes my way and I don't think they know the incident sophomore year.
xxxyyyzzz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
misslabarinth, Steelbreaker05