View Single Post
Big Mama
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
646 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2015 at 08:07 AM

Thank you. My husband saw our kids the total of 1 hour this week. His aggravation with the world and his own issues prevents him from being nice when he is available. I do my best to make up for that.

Today is clean day, she will help. I will have to go behind her and undo the extra mess she makes, but if it results in a positive interaction then that is ok. I am a stay at home mom so I really do have ALL DAY.

I try to give her the first 30 min of each day when she comes home from school to tell me about her day. She often helps me cook and set the table. I let her go out and pick flowers for the center-peace at supper time. It makes her feel special and kinda gets here our of my hair to

I have been making attempts to play board games and card games with her. Who doesn't love an exciting game of old maid.

The T tells me all the time that I am the glue that holds the kids together. Fathering skills are not my H's strong suit. I make up for where he lacks. That is a parents job, it just happens to be that he lacks a lot and I spend alot of time making up for it. But if it results in happy healthy kids then amen.
Big Mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
baseline, Jan1212