View Single Post
Big Mama
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2012
646 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2015 at 06:48 PM

I kinda feel for my kids. I don;t know if I am doing them an injustice or not. There dad works 7 days a week. He commutes an hour each way and works a minimum of 8 hours a day. He often works till dark. He is very involved in church. I feel like a single parent most of the time. When he is here he does things differently then I do. He is much more tough on the kids then I am. He very seldom has anything positive to say to the kids.

For the most part I am glad he is not here all the time. When he is here is often not saying nice things and he is complaining about how I do stuff in regards to the kids. A lot of the time that he is here we just don't get along. They have seen there fair share of that to.

I spend a lot of time back tracking and making up for the hurt he has caused. When we disagree and he is short with me in front of the kids I wait till he leaves the room and then the kids and I talk about how you should talk to someone you love. How do you ask someone to do something, how to encourage others and such. That is all I know to do to combat the things he says.

He does pay all the bills and we live in nice house. The kids are eager to see him most of the time. We just have to be kinda careful when we are together a lot.

I make a point to spend time with each kid. I try hard to really gt into what they are doing even if I am not interested. I try to take each of them alone out for some fun and one on one time. I try hard to keep me and the kids together and find fun things for us to do as a family, with or with out there dad. When he is home he just wantes to stay at home. He is just happy to be home. Sometimes he wants to be alone at home. No more noise, other times he realizes he is missing his kids and he wants to do wtuff with them. But most of the time it doesn't end very positive.

I told my H what the T said. He tries to spend solo time with each of the kids and just keep his mouth shut when they talk about things that do not interest him.

Butternut thank you for sharing part of your story.
Big Mama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
baseline