View Single Post
Anonymous100165
Anonymous100165 has no updates. Edit

Default Apr 13, 2015 at 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox0r View Post
Hi all,

I was hospitalized involuntarily for 5 days in a psych hospital after having a psychotic break. I've lost my last two jobs due to mania and was recently admitted into emergency triage and placed on suicide watch for 5 days. I have medical paperwork for all of it. Do you think I'd qualify for SSI/SSDI? I have worked since I was 15. I am 29 now. I was diagnosed as Bipolar I NOS with Psychotic Features.
There are videos on you-tube by attorneys who specialize in things like appeals for denial and these videos do an excellent job of telling you what the agency goes by and what you can do to improve your odds. Sometimes I think (just my opinion) it depends on who is reviewing your case - some are more sticklers than others. After having applied several times and being turned down but deciding not to appeal and try to muddle through - the last time it went thru before an appeal was necessary which I don't think is the norm - it seems to me they turn down just about everybody (unless you are blind or some other obvious thing) as a matter of course.

Though I think one thing that helped me the last time had to do with my union which I never had before. I think it was because of their influence that my employer wrote a letter outlining why they felt I was unable to continue doing my job and it made a big difference I think. I say that based on my getting approved the 3rd time w/o appeal - I had finally contacted an attorney and even she was surprised that I made it thru w/o an appeal being necessary. Maybe a letter of your doctor would help.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote