View Single Post
Creative ToFu

Member Since May 2015
21 hugs
given
Default May 18, 2015 at 12:42 PM

Most kids this age don't need a lot of personal details about your MH issues. They do notice things and usually simple statements will be enough for them. Have you asked the people who take care of him about this? It seems like I would start with his caregivers first and see how they want to handle this. After all, this child is with them the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starthrower View Post
I don't have kids of my own but I childmind and have known two of the children for nearly ten years, and am v close to them. Recently the older one (who's 12) has been asking a lot of questions about my life and mental health in general. He knows I get anxious (and is v good at dealing with it) and that I've had eating issues in the past and was in hospital because of it, but he doesn't know it's still an issue. I spend a lot of time at their house and he's started to notice more about my eating habits and certain behaviours which I try to hide but he's v perceptive. Has anyone else had experience it's kids around that age? Don't want to lie to him but not sure how open I should be!

“Never, never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
Creative ToFu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote