View Single Post
Arcanely

Arcanely has no updates.

8 yr Member
Default May 29, 2015 at 10:51 PM

Some answers might refer to a few months ago (before the onset of depression) to give more accurate answers.

When you think of yourself, aside from SPD, what stands out? The "three words to describe yourself" type thing.
How about three points?
My interests/knowledge, especially for someone of my age, it's a tad unusual, positively.
My logical nature (that is, as I've said, before I became depressed. It's still present, but not as predominant in appearance).
My introspection.

Can you remember a time before onset, or do you think it's always been there?
Age thirteen, I left the only friend that I had who lived within 1,000 miles of myself.

What do others see? What have they observed? What do they like?
I don't know about this. Most people aren't particularly engulfed with me, they think that I'm very abstruse, but my friend said that he appreciated my level of productivity for someone apathetic of most things which society deems important, and my rationality.

Which pieces of SPD or your respective individual personality have given you the biggest hardships/problems/stressors socially or otherwise? Which have given advantages?
Positive:
- Neither desires nor enjoys close relationships, including being part of a family\
Need I describe? Much less drama.
- Almost always chooses solitary activities
It gives me more freedom, or at least the feeling of such.

Negative:
- Shows emotional coldness, detachment, or flattened affect (emotion)
- Appears indifferent to the praise or criticism of others
People just love to tell me how rude I am, usually in public.
- Takes pleasure in few, if any, activities
It makes it hard to get up in the morning.
- Lacks close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
I'm sure that if I enjoyed relationships like "NTs", this would be an issue.

If I didn't mention other symptoms, they aren't positive nor distressful, or I don't experience them.

What pieces of you contradict your SPD dx?
I love to read non-fictions, especially those of neuroscience and astronomy. I would appear "obsessed" with information to "normal" individuals. The reason I consider this contradictory is because many with SPD don't particularly "love", nor would they be "obsessed", with a subject.

What are your favorite parts? Your least favorite?
Didn't you ask a similar question previously? Same applies.

What do you like to do? If you work, what is your job?
Read, walk through parks, buy things. I'm a student.

Do you care that you're different? Do you wish you didn't have SPD?
The only thing I dislike of the aforementioned is that people rarely understand what I'm saying. No, I don't speak gibberish, but people rarely find the true meaning of my text, or they judge me by my appearance, only to be ever so disappointed with who I truly am. I'm sure that my life would be much better if people would leave me alone.

Growing up (or presently), did you feel a need to be individual, or a greater desire for conformity? Or did you not care about one way or another?
I'm the epitome of an individualist.

What do you want to improve?
I wish that I could improve my capacity of motivation, and that I could care more. If I'm apathetic of something, there's no hope in changing that.

What makes you want to table-flip?
Uh, most people, as SPD cliche as that may sound.
Arcanely is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote