Mygrandjourney
Veteran Member

Member Since Nov 2014
30 hugs
given
Default Jun 04, 2015 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiroll View Post
Thank you so much for asking. The obsession is still there, but hasn't been disruptive again. He is undergoing counseling, and we'll talk to his doctor in 2 weeks about the possibility of medication changes.

Now he thinks that he is bisexual. He doesn't even actually know how the act of sex is done - I asked (in the most gentle way possible, and we had two long discussions about it, so now he is aware.)

I feel like we have a long road ahead of us, but that, thank God, we're catching it early enough that it doesn't have to go for years or decades without being diagnosed. We have been watching, and have been able to rule out, signs of psychosis, thankfully. I am watching his behavior like a hawk, and I'm actually worn out.

My own care provider, an ARNP, decided last Friday to reduce one of my medications for my panic disorder without consulting me. My anxiety has been through the roof since then, and the withdrawal is horrible. And then last night I had a diabetic related low blood sugar event, which I didn't know was possible for a Type 2 diabetic, (my blood glucose went down to 39 when the lowest it should be is 70, and I woke up shaking, sweating, and with a pounding, racing heart. Felt like a panic attack, and now I'm really scared to go to sleep tonight because the doctor's office didn't give me any further instructions than to come in on Friday for an A1C check, and then next Friday the 12th for a follow up visit. So, 9 days until I will be able to know if it's safe to sleep. NOT a good time to be going down on a medication...in fact, the one that helps the most with my panic attacks.

I wish I could drink. Or that I was capable of crying.

Please keep taking care of yourself through this ordeal and get the support you need. It sounds like you might have it covered, but I've worked with many parents and caregivers who have self destructed at the expense of caring for someone else!
Mygrandjourney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
spiroll