View Single Post
beelieving

beelieving has no updates.

15 yr Member
Default Jul 03, 2007 at 02:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

I seemed to overlook this subject in the pined area. I’ve been encouraged to copy my recent posting: Something that helps me to not SI (*might be triggering*) into this thread. So here it is...

Like the many of you here I struggle with SI and am always trying to find healthier and safer coping skills. For whatever it’s worth I have something that has helped me many times in preventing SI. I apologize if this becomes too triggering for anyone.

I highly believe in exercise as a stress reliever. But for those really really bad times I’ve learned to keep pieces of thick cardboard around to cut on or poke through. After a random act of cutting my vinyl chair seat... (poor chair)... I recognized a sense of relief. So now when I find my self feeling anxious and wanting to turn to SI, I try to remember to grab the cardboard in hopes I won’t injure myself. My true hope is for the urge to die completely, but as long as it’s alive this has felt like a safe way for dealing with it. It doesn’t always work but more often than not it does relieve a lot of my anxiety and keeps my body safe. (And it keeps the furniture and walls safe as well. *lol*)

Hugs to you all. Be safe and kind to yourselves. ~ Bee

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken