View Single Post
stopchewinggum
stopchewinggum At long last, there is nothing and no one, except me and the abyss

8 yr Member
12 hugs
given
Default Jun 14, 2015 at 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsoft View Post
With these things in mind and/or whatever else suits your fancy...
  • When you think of yourself, aside from SPD, what stands out? The "three words to describe yourself" type thing.
  • Can you remember a time before onset, or do you think it's always been there?
  • What do others see? What have they observed? What do they like?
  • Which pieces of SPD or your respective individual personality have given you the biggest hardships/problems/stressors socially or otherwise? Which have given advantages?
  • What pieces of you contradict your SPD dx?
  • What are your favorite parts? Your least favorite?
  • What do you like to do? If you work, what is your job?
  • Do you care that you're different? Do you wish you didn't have SPD?
  • Growing up (or presently), did you feel a need to be individual, or a greater desire for conformity? Or did you not care about one way or another?
  • What do you want to improve?
  • What makes you want to table-flip?
I'm just curious about how much we are or aren't different from each other with a disorder that presents as very black and white for people that tend to see in shades of grey.
1. Some say I'm "smart," and they're the stupid ones.
2. Hard to say. I always had SPD traits. Then I was looked at as more normal during a couple of years, but the school counselors made me see them for therapy. Then, I contracted schizophrenia with a bunch of negative symptoms. I've never recovered.
3. Smart and nice but eccentric.
4. Everyone thinks I'm weird when I interact as I would prefer people to interact with me.
5. I can get a long with others, but probably they just need me for help in certain tutoring issues.
6. I don't need people, and I'm never lonely. I dislike my inability to maintain a job.
7. I like staring at the wall and thinking. I have no job.
8. I only care; because, others care.
9. Didn't care. I was teased for being different though, and I didn't care about that either.
10. Career opportunities.
11. Nothing.
stopchewinggum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote