View Single Post
nurse343

Member Since Jun 2015
Default Jun 15, 2015 at 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmaduke View Post
lizardlady
I'm going to be very blunt. Just because someone gives sperm or and egg to create a child does not make them a parent. The people who are there every day, loving and nurturing the child are the true parents in my opinion.
Agree. Why cant you keep main custody and the lad visit dad and step mum? The child loves you most, you are the one who has been there for him consistently.
I can and intend to keep main custody part of me feels guilty for wanting to keep my grandson close i feel like i am denying my own son his right to father, but i don't know if he would want this so much if his wife wasnt in the picture. so many kids have dads who don't want them so i feel as if i am denying him that. Part of me worries if i don't give him custody and the bio-mom gets her self together will they give it to her if she takes me to court i donno i just worry if i am doing the right thing. I have been sharing visits with him they started with an over night then, visits on the weekend this last time it was a Thurs night to sun morning. they wanted to do it again that next Thursday and my grandson got very upset crying and said i just wanna go home with you nana. I wanna sleep in our house nana and he said "i already been to dads i wanna go home" so we did my son was hurt but i told him i think every weekend is too much for him.
nurse343 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote