View Single Post
Zenobia
Poohbah

Member Since Mar 2002
Default Oct 11, 2004 at 11:08 AM

It isn't just kids today who cut. I think it is interesting that the generations get seperated out when the same things have happened since time immemorial. I am 37 and I have self injured since I was 12. It is not a new thing. And I agree with you, it is wrong that we have to struggle with this alone if we can't afford the high price of therapy. It is unfair that my insurance refuses to pay for anymore sessions deeming that a person should only get 60 sessions in her lifetime. What is up with that? People are hurting.

I want to welcome you here. This is a place where you don't have to be alone. This is where we can come for peer support in our effort to let go of our need to Self injure. Here it is safe to say what we need to say and it is ok if we back slide and injure again. It is ok because we have all been there and we understand. We know that we don't deserve the pain we inflict on ourselves but we understand the need to do so. And together we are trying to learn how not too. It is a long journey and I am glad you have joined us.
Carrie
Zenobia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
AmandaBroken

Thanks for this!
AmandaBroken, Bookworm/MusicLover, Pathetic1Am