View Single Post
brooke34

Member Since Sep 2015
10 hugs
given
Default Sep 16, 2015 at 01:44 PM

The last time I saw my brother alive was on my 16th birthday. We were at the hospital visiting my mom and I'll never forget when he told us it was time for him to leave so I stood up and we walked through the halls of the hospital catching up on the news in eachother's lives and we stood infront of the elevator doors and something felt different. I didn't want him to leave and I saw something in his eyes I had never seen before that I don't know how to describe. It was like my gut was trying to tell us that we would never see eachother again. We never used the words bye to eachother, bye just always seemed like it was permanent so we would always say see you soon, which were the last words we ever said to eachother. I'm 25 now and I remember how his laugh and smile would light up the room. We had a really screwed up childhood and our other siblings seemed to cope with things better, but even though he was mentally and emotionally struggling with me, he would still always listen to my rants and was there for me through anything and everything. He was everything to me. It was him and me against the world with a united front. He was my hero, my best friend, the only person in the world that I would trust with my life. I miss him more than words could ever describe.
brooke34 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jaynedough