View Single Post
OneInBillions

OneInBillions has no updates.

10 yr Member
23 hugs
given
Default Oct 06, 2015 at 05:05 AM

Well I suppose rules are rules. I've never even tried the chat rooms, but I assume discussing sexual issues is still okay on that specific board?

Maybe it's pointless but I just have to say that, as a person who lived with sexual repression and shame throughout my formative years thanks to an oppressive religion and devout parents, this policy bothers me. It seems to me that much of modern society is downright afraid of anything sexual -- it's taboo and dirty, it must be kept secret and hidden, that kind of thing. And I wholeheartedly disagree with such stances. Sex, for procreation OR pleasure, shouldn't be shameful, sinful or taboo. Whether you like it or not we're all sexual creatures, although I know that many people deny their own sexuality for so long that they completely lose touch with it. And I really pity those people.

IMO sex needs to be openly and candidly discussed. We need to stop "hiding" it, because it's a core part of our very beings. How is banning it conducive to "helping people improve their mental health"? In my personal experience, hiding and banning it only damaged my mental health. Just my two cents.

Diagnosis: Social Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, possible Autism Spectrum Disorder

Last edited by OneInBillions; Oct 06, 2015 at 06:57 AM..
OneInBillions is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LittleEarthquakes