Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Skeezyks has no updates.

8 yr Member
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Nov 07, 2015 at 03:35 PM

Hello DeterminedSlacker: I've been watching the 6 part TV series: "The Brain with David Eagleman" on our local Public Broadcasting System station. Eagleman is a brain researcher. One of the points he has been making is that human beings are much more under the control of areas of the brain, to which we have no conscious access, than we typically believe to be the case. And, of course, as you point out, hormones also play an important role in how men conduct themselves as compared with women.

I don't have any particular observations to share. This has certainly been the case for me, especially when I was younger. However, getting older, plus having the mental health issues I've had, have forced me to be at least a bit more in touch with my emotions. However, I will also share that, it has been my experience, sharing my emotions doesn't seem to have gotten me anywhere. Basically no one else wants to know about it. And when I have shared some very deep difficult emotions, in the end, I just ended up feeling exposed & foolish. In retrospect, I wish I had kept it to myself...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous200265

Thanks for this!
Abusedbysister, DeterminedSlacker