View Single Post
Anonymous200265

Default Nov 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezyks View Post
However, I will also share that, it has been my experience, sharing my emotions doesn't seem to have gotten me anywhere. Basically no one else wants to know about it. And when I have shared some very deep difficult emotions, in the end, I just ended up feeling exposed & foolish. In retrospect, I wish I had kept it to myself...
That is so true! It's almost like the stuff they say is good to do, isn't really that good or acceptable in the real world. You're so right, nobody wants to hear it, sometimes it seems not even one's own therapist wants to hear it.

It often feels to me like the whole world's media seems to hand out advice and self-help stuff, and the "cool" people never seem to follow this or need it. It feels like a trick to "occupy" people who don't "get it", so that the cool people can play.

I guess it's the same in all areas in life. I was a very gifted A-student at university and I would always listen to the "advice" people (even top professors) were giving in order to do well and score top marks, and I always remember thinking "I don't do any of that" or "Wow, that's the first time I've ever even heard of that study technique."

I learned long ago not to listen to the world without totally questioning everything, most of their "advice" is nonsense and is probably a money-making scheme of some kind.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
DeterminedSlacker