View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 03, 2015 at 03:47 PM

I know meds that take away appetite can trigger anorexia so I'm sure that taking meds that trigger appetite could help...but they won't cure the behavior. For me, stress is another trigger for anorexia. I went through a trauma & lost so much weight not eating or drinking I ended up in the medical hospital with the anorexia. I had such bad nightmares I couldn't sleep. Pdoc put me on Seroquel high dose to knock me out. That med usually makes people gain weight. It was 2 years before I could get my body weight up to the safe norm for my body. Even now I tend to restrict if the weight goes up a little..afraid of gaining too much. I have always had that restriction behavior I throw in to keep my weight controlled except for a few years when I gained too much right before the last trauma....never again will I let that happen so the anorexia restriction is just part of my eating habits though I won't let my weight go too low or too high now. Meds can trigger behavior in either direction but can't truly control behavior. That has to be changed through thought control over behavior....DBT calls it reprogramming the neurotransmitters or the thought processes /pathways in the brain like stroke or TBI victims learning how to function again.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote