View Single Post
cafegrrrl

Member Since Aug 2007
Default Aug 16, 2007 at 01:08 AM

I don't know what to do. I have been off my meds for about 6 months (depression) and have never felt lower. Saw my doc today and will find out in about 2 weeks if I qualify for financial assistance with my meds. The doc also said he thinks I may be bi-polar but without an evaluation, can't be sure.

Part of the reason I'm wondering if i should out myself is because school starts in about 2 weeks and my in school client can be a handful.

If I qualify for financial assistance, and assuming the meds work right (never had a problem with them in the past), I think I'll be OK.

But, I feel I should tell my employer in case I don't qualify for assistance because I don't think I'll be capable of performing my job duties as I should if this mood continues and I can't afford my meds.

Simultaneously, I don't want to out myself to my boss if I get my meds and it all works itself out. And, I'm afraid of losing my job if I tell them what's going on. I do know my employer is big on self advocacy as far as Asperger's and Autism is concerned. I just don't know how it would go over with depression and/or bi polar if that turns out to be an accurate diagnosis.

I can't afford to lose my job and it's hard to find jobs where I live. I spent part of the summer looking for a part time minimum wage job and was repeatedly given the "too overqualified" line by potential employers.

I want to do what's best for my clients but I'm scared I'll end up losing my job in the process.

I can't seem to quit worrying about this whole thing and that is stressing me out, too. I keep thinking that my boss or supervisor are going to think I'm "off" or something, and that I'll end up losing my job. I just don't know how much longer I can keep acting that everything is fine.

If I do bite the bullet and out myself, I don't know what I should say...

Any ideas, advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
cafegrrrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote