Community Liaison
Chat Leader

CANDC has no updates.

8 yr Member
2,307 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 20, 2015 at 12:43 PM

Hi Petal7 . Welcome to Psych Central. So sorry you are suffering from so challenges with PostPartum Depression. It is good your doctor prescribed meds. They can help stabilize emotions. Check the med sheet that comes with the prescription. Many antidepressants recommend not using alcohol with them.

Partners often do not know how to handle the intensity of depression - many people find a therapist or peer to peer support like here at Psych Central are better places to share their process. If the partner really wants to know they will beg you to tell them. Accepting that they are probably not able to process the illness in its full, giving them limited info can actually put less pressure on a relationship.

Many people here at PC find they can share these feelings and what they are going through with the confidence that people go through similar things and can empathize. So many forums are offered as well as Chatrooms (after you have 5 posts or comments on others posts). Depression chat meets on Thursday night at 9pm EST and Anxiety Friday at 8PM.

You can also be an active member in other ways like supporting others in their questions, reading articles and posts http://forums.psychcentral.com that are applicable to your area of concern.

Please feel free to private message me or any of the Community Liaisons by left clicking on the name in blue to the left of their post) for questions or just to share.

For me lifestyle changes fit big in my recovery hopes.

I have to watch what I eat because foods I eat can stabilize my moods or exaggerate them. A high protein low carb diet with snacks or meals every 3-4 hours will over time reduce my swings. I also avoid alcohol and recreational drugs because those can really increase depression.

Other lifestyle changes that help me are doing yoga, exercises, mindfulness, calm music, and being active on Psych Central.

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
waggiedog

Thanks for this!
Petal7, waggiedog