View Single Post
tiger8

Member Since Jul 2015
7 hugs
given
Default Dec 23, 2015 at 08:34 PM

First, I'm not sure I'm still SPD. I was normal until age 18. Then I changed and I actually matched the criteria for a diagnosis but I didn't go to anyone to get dx'd. Now I'm 32, I no longer match enough of the criteria but I still have that withdrawnness internally most of the time. Lately I noticed something changed again... (there was a trigger for that change). Now I can be made to feel connected with the people for short times.. just like before age 18, but it's overwhelming soon. I overreact internally. Then I get used to it if it continues.. so it doesn't seem hopeless. Just things have not calmed down yet overall.

So with that preface aside, here are my answers:

1. Confident. Detached-analytical. Aggressive. Persevering
2. Yes age 18. I was always a detached person but I was able to have real good times too with friends and family.
3. Confidence, logic and that I'm hard to get to know. They specifically like my helpfulness.
4. Aggressiveness. Both advantage and disadvantage socially. As for SPD, zero/reduced affect and the zero tolerance to be around people (but this was transient), these are/were the disadvantages. The advantage is ability to remain detached when others are upset and independence.
5. No longer a full dx. When it was, it was really full-on SPD minus the PD part as it was not throughout my whole life.
6. Favourite: detachment. Least favourite: detachment when this is undesired.
7. Analyse, develop an understanding then apply it on a real life issue. Job is basically based on the same process. Oh also love to compete.
8. I wish I had never had the SPD part of my life, yes. Because now I'm relearning what it is like to feel connected. It's something that was long forgotten but is good. But I suck at it, I still get overwhelmed too easily. This wouldn't be the case if I hadn't been in that SPD phase before.
9. I was pretty conventional for the most part but also always had my own thinking and an introspective part of me. I view myself as an independent thinker since age 18...same time as the SPD developed. But this part of me will have to remain :P
10. Ability to connect without getting overwhelmed.
11. When sh7t gets in my way of getting to what I want. F8ck that, lol, I get frustrated and then aggressive easily.

Quote:
I'm just curious about how much we are or aren't different from each other with a disorder that presents as very black and white for people that tend to see in shades of grey.
So? Am I different from you guys?
tiger8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote