View Single Post
-jimi-
Jimi the rat

Member Since Dec 2008
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 24, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I had a distant friend who had anorexia/bulimia and she was put on Zyprexa. It was before the Internet so research was hard and they lied to her and said it will not increase her appetite.

She was terrified. She told me her bulimia had really gotten out of hands. She could still fight it but even if she had gotten rid of all junk food she had ideas of eating just flour, and she had never had that kind of craving before.

I pulled out my big med book and looked up her med, it said it causes increased appetite. She told that to our counsellor who got really mad at me for giving that piece of info. The girl was supposed to not know.

They had thought she would be cured just if she started feeling hungry. So they made her crazily hungry. It did not cure her. It made her feel like she had TOTALLY LOST GRIP OF HER ILLNESS.

I was prevented to ever speaking with her again as they tried to convince her I had lied and the med does not cause anything like that. I don't know whatever happened after that.

Cured... I think not.
-jimi- is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
eskielover, junkDNA