View Single Post
paradox22

Member Since Sep 2015
Default Jan 09, 2016 at 12:14 PM

I had an eating disorder where I felt like I didn't deserve to eat and I used not eating to control my emotions. I was diagnosed with an eating disorder a few months ago. However, I've been eating better but only for a few weeks. I have been doing somewhat better overall but I still have emotional pain and am not too functional. So basically I just got an interview to work in an eating disorder treatment center. I do have an interest in psychology and helping others but I think I'm the one who needs the help. I have unresolved problems with being abused. I applied to go to a treatment center myself but I wasn't accepted because they thought biploar was my primary diagnosis and I was too manic at the time. So I really don't know what to do. For me there is a med that makes me eat but it makes me eat too much so I don't take it. So that makes me think I wouldn't get into a treatment center. Should I accept the job or try again to be put in a treatment center? The job is interesting to me because I've been through what they are going through but I don't know if I might be triggered by the girls and stuff like that. I still have troubles eating but it's not to the point where I couldn't eat if I had to. I usually skip breakfast and lunch though. There's another problem. My parents are pushing me to work and say me going to a treatment center is not what I should do they want me to do outpatient. And if I don't get this job there's a big chance I won't get another job at all since jobs are scarce where I live. Please help!

Hugs from:
kaliope, ShaggyChic_1201