tiger8

Member Since Jul 2015
7 hugs
given
Default Jan 26, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Two more things actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern*belle View Post
I've always enjoyed being in my own thoughts because honestly, I feel like an outsider, like I'm the only person alive that has the same mindset or mentality as me. Not that I think I'm superior than anybody,* just more logical and not held down by emotions. I never cry, I don't argue with people because I'm more reserved than that. Plus, I just never feel the need.
It's OK to be logical but you do need to process your emotions. You cannot escape them forever. This is a basic principle. Period.

The other thing is, I had something similar to your stuff, not the same but it was also this impending terror and it was pretty crippling. I could not deal with it for quite a while - was about 5 years on/off - so I went to someone recommended by a friend. I thought she was a psychologist but it turned out she was a psychiatrist. So, after the first session she wanted to prescribe me meds. I never went back. I figured out how to solve this problem on my own, I may have got a bit lucky there... Basically I got an inspiration on how to change my attitude about the issue that then resulted in a rather strong catharsis. Been fine since then, that is, this issue never returned.
tiger8 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote