View Single Post
Lemon
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2007
Default Aug 27, 2007 at 08:22 PM

On Your Own Again By Keith Anderson with Roy MacSkimming I have just started this book, but it lays out the emotions and watch out for what the author describes as a common pattern for those going through divorce. 1) Hurting - the first three months or so 2) Exploring - the balance of Year one 3) Becoming You - Year Two 4) Gettin gcomfortable - Year Three. I like the fact that the author seems to understand that three months from now, this is still going to be a huge impact on my life and while I might feel better it will have that impact for years to come.

The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work by John M. Gottman. Ok I hope people don't mind me putting this one in here. This is for those of you who are perhaps separated or considering it, but would still like to try and save your marriage. It is the best book I ever read on the subject. This is the only book my T (at that time my marriage councelor ever recommended) Lots of good information, but easy to read. Gottman is a professor of psychology and has a website www.gottman.com. He's quoted in the bestseller Blink.
Lemon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote