View Single Post
ladisputelover

Member Since Mar 2015
163 hugs
given
Default Feb 26, 2016 at 03:05 PM

Hi, I'm going to premise this with the fact that I was literally diagnosed with "traits of SPD" yesterday...

-When you think of yourself, aside from SPD, what stands out? The "three words to describe yourself" type thing.
compassionate, insecure, and trustworthy? Idk lol
-Can you remember a time
before onset, or do you think it's always been there?
Honestly, even though i was jsut diagnosed yesterday, I've always felt like I've had these symptoms; I just never had a name for it like I do now
-What do others see? What have they observed? What do they like?
What do other see in me? Probs that I'm anti social and constantly isolate myself and according to my psych dr... I have "self-defeating traits" but also that I really do care about the few people in my life and I have a logning to strengthen our relationships, I just don't really know how or I'm scared to idk

-Which pieces of SPD or your respective individual personality have given you the biggest hardships/problems/stressors socially or otherwise? Which have given advantages?
probably the anxiety associated with the SPD traits gave and still give me the biggest problems. i've ruined entire relatinships because of anxiety. I've also just lost the chance to begin what could have been a great relationship but whatever....
- What pieces of you contradict your SPD dx?
sometimes I feel like i fit in perfectly because i feel detached emotionally and physically from others and the world, but otherr times its like I feel almost too much and so that kind of contradicts seeing as a symptoms of SPD is emotional detachment but I could be misinformed
-What are your favorite parts? Your least favorite?
i think my favorite part is also my least favorite. i love that i have only a few close relationships so i cherish them but at the same time, I look at my sister, who is friends with everyone and sometime si get jealolus
-What do you like to do? If you work, what is your job?
i love helping people. i'm a student right now, but I'm going to be studying psych in college this fall
-Do you care that you're different? Do you wish you didn't have SPD?
i think this questions applies to me differently on a day-to-day basis. some days, when i'm feeling good, i feel like I'm special, or at least unique and I like it. But on my bad days, my biggest desire is just to be "normal"
-Growing up (or presently), did you feel a need to be individual, or a greater desire for conformity? Or did you not care about one way or another?
I'm only 17 but when I was younger, all I cared about was fitting in. I was bullied and so I did anything I could to be just like everyone else, and when I couldn't do that, I tried to be invisible. Now, I don't care as much about what other people think of me; or at least, I'm trying not to
-What do you want to improve?
I want to go to college and I want to get a job and be successful. I want to get better and I already am on my way there
-What makes you want to table-flip?
I'm not really an angry person, but I do get annoyed by a lot of things. Mostly, though, I think that's just a mixture of hormones and my meds lol There haven't been enough table-flipping moments in my life to document thus far

LOL

ladisputelover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote