View Single Post
WannaDog

Member Since Feb 2016
2 hugs
given
Default Feb 28, 2016 at 03:19 AM

The biggest difficulty I have in my mental health and social life is my problems of handling of my emotions. They can take off like a speeding train to an unknown destination. The worst thing I guess I've done in the last 90 days is hang up on my niece because she was yelling at me. She knows that yelling and screaming at me or around me is a trigger from the past which I still react to today. She was telling me to stop smoking and I was agreeing with her and when she said my name and started rattling on, yelling, I just hung up. I wish I hadn't have done that. I have apologized both on-line and in a card but she has "unfriended" me on Facebook and doesn't take my calls or call me. That makes me really sad but I don't think I should make any more attempts until I hear from her. This is the emotional reaction that I made in haste, but not really, as it is my policy not to allow others to yell at me. I'd rather be hit than yelled at... I don't want to be hit either but in my past, if you got one you got the other as well. I get sad a lot but I keep that to myself. I don't have fits but I may be silent for days, rather than just let address what has made me sad.
WannaDog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote