ScientiaOmnisEst
Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2015
158 hugs
given
Default Apr 12, 2016 at 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serzen View Post
Thanks for the answers! Glad it is of help!

Scientia, people who own more than you are not happier than you are. Minimalism is not against consumerism, but in favour of conscious consumerism. So it is good that you want to dress nice, the bad thing would be to have an exploding wardrove.

You can dress nice and have few clothes at the same time. For example, I only own two pairs of shoes: one for going out (I wear T-shirts, which I have too many, or shirts and jeans.) and one for sports (In this case of course I wear sport clothes.).

So that's basically my wardrove. I have to get rid of many t-shirts. I also own a lot of underwear and socks, but imo they are never enough.

I also realized that most of the clothes I own are the ones that were given to me as presents. That tells a lot about how consumerism affects all of us.
Only two? Hell, I have more than that and it's not enough for me....could be a gender thing too, though. Most of the guys I know could happily own two changes of clothes and be done with it. Whereas, like I said, I've always envied girls with packed closets.

Appearance is probably part of it: if you want to experiment with looks, you need more stuff. If you're content to wear more or less the same thing all the time, mimimalism becomes easy.

I know liking clothes and fashion is bad. I kind of don't care, I'm just tired of living in jeans, t-shirts, and ugly sneakers.
ScientiaOmnisEst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
bipolar angel