Thread: Finally free!
View Single Post
Anonymous41403

Default May 07, 2016 at 01:28 AM

I was in an organization from 19-30 that I was sexually, mentally, emotionally and spiritually abused in. I won't name it I'm sorry bc it has a really good reputation.

I thought I would never get over the abuse bc most therapists just couldn't imagine the things that happened to me go on there. But they do. I did really hard trauma work on it a couple of years ago and I just felt worse afterwards. I consider the group I was in to be a cult and cult abuse is just really hard to get over. I'm 41 now and now there are a lot of blogs, fb pages, documentaries, etc exposing what goes on in this organization. I'm very happy about that. But for some reason recently I realized I finally feel free from it. I've done a lot of therapy on it. I've done what I could to warn others and will continue to warn ppl especially young, pretty, naive, vulnerable girls. But it's time for me to live MY LIFE!!! I don't obsess about it anymore. I don't need to read the latest article exposing it. I don't get triggered if I know someone on pc is in it. I feel such a freedom.

Believe me if I was able to overcome something that I never thought I would you can too. I used a lot of grounding skills, dbt skills, therapy in general, family support, any support from ppl that knew the situation and I could trust. I called crisis lines many nights when I couldn't sleep. I fought hard, and you can too. I know you can. Cry all you need to. I used a lot of lavender aroma therapy. Put it on a cotton ball and laid it next to my pillow and cried. I survived, and now I'm going to THRIVE!!!

You can too!! I know you can!!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous45390, DudeAlex, hermitbydestiny, KYWoman, may24, Moment acceptance, Out There, Ptsd1956, RainyDay107

Thanks for this!
BoBoPeeps, Ceara1010, DudeAlex, Fuzzybear, Gus1234U, hermitbydestiny, KYWoman, may24, Moment acceptance, Ptsd1956, RainyDay107, ThisWayOut, vonmoxie