Legendary

Member Since Jan 2009
7,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 11, 2016 at 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshiregrins View Post
Doesn't that mean your condition is being managed though? I guess I'm currently, somewhat chemically straight jacketed. Although I'm on low doses of meds, and being on meds actually makes me aware of the switches, whereas without meds I become oblivious to what's going on. If I wasn't on any meds, I'd still be living a life of chaos and ending up in the hospital etc. So a bit of a "straight jacket" helps in my case. :P
Managed? Controlled. I suppose you could say that. Healed/Fixed? No. I cant get better if I am not able to get some kind of feel for what is triggering me. I can't work on issues. I cant cry/express my emotions due to the medication. .

A chemical straight jacket is not a bad thing when we are not at the point where we can work on things. I have little skills in grounding myself because I have relied on the medication. Practical training in grounding skills isn't taught much in my neck of the world. Mindfulness has the opposite effect on me and leads to more body memories etc.

All up it's a bit of a catch 22. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
possum220 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Michael W. Harris