El Psy Congroo

Member Since Aug 2014
4,690 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2016 at 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
I'm playing. My sons are playing. I don't understand all the talk about tresspassing and not watching where one is going. The landmarks are clearly defined for pokestops. And one doesn't readily chase down a pokemon. It shows up on the screen and you press on it.

Where I live has numerous historical landmarks. It's great to see people out and about at parks. My oldest showed me a screenshot of a historical city where he was yesterday for camp. The community is lined with stops. And it's a good place for a family day, anyways.

A pokestop is google earth placement of landmarks. And you spin the disc. Collect supplies. Need supplies to catch pokemon.
After just spending an hour walking around catching pokemon, I agree that to be honest there isn't much issue being aware of surroundings... just need to check screen every so often & it vibrates when a pokemon appears anyway.

Although, I can appreciate for those who can use AR, that looking at pokemon that way might be distracting in the short term. Handy trick is you can tap on a pokemon & then it won't disappear even if you keep walking until you catch it. At least with AR turned off.

I was surprised at how much walking is needed to find pokemon. My first jaunt took me 2 miles.

I think I spotted maybe 3 people playing... although as of yet, not accosted anyone to ask!

It's great the sort of little landmarks it can lead you to... spotted a few things I've never seen living here my whole life! Also found an honorary Spanish consulate!

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson
Loial is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Angelique67, healingme4me, Takeshi