Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jul 14, 2016 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
I'm playing. My sons are playing. I don't understand all the talk about tresspassing and not watching where one is going. The landmarks are clearly defined for pokestops. And one doesn't readily chase down a pokemon. It shows up on the screen and you press on it.

Where I live has numerous historical landmarks. It's great to see people out and about at parks. My oldest showed me a screenshot of a historical city where he was yesterday for camp. The community is lined with stops. And it's a good place for a family day, anyways.

A pokestop is google earth placement of landmarks. And you spin the disc. Collect supplies. Need supplies to catch pokemon.
anyones home can be listed as a landmark\point of interest. short version our home was listed as a landmark by the previous owners due to the age of the building and they did not want the city to tear it down.

google landmarks are any point on the map that is a point of interest ie anyone who has posted pictures of their homes online and got many likes for it, any place where people visit, any place that is a place of history. any place that had any thing to do with any historical event, or a park, school, police station, fire station, lighthouse, (much of the state of NY is a free for all simply because its main park (the Adirondack Park) spans many counties, towns and cities and mountains.

one such example of a private home being listed as a landmark is any home that is on the underground railroad route from back in the days when black slaves left the south and migrated north for freedom.

my point NY has many private homes that are listed as "landmarks" it can be something so simple as their home is close to the boardwalk or their home used to be a school house, light house or just because the owner registered their home as historical due to the homes age and when it was constructed.

my home is considered a landmark on google because it used to be a school house and the previous owners got it registered after hurricane sandy so that it would be restored rather than tore down.

I know someone else who is also having the same problem because her home is close to central park. the GPS\google mapping is showing her home as being in central park when it isnt.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote