View Single Post
litha11

litha11 has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Jul 26, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Hello everyone. I was on stimulants for about 3 solid years in total because I started having ADHD symptoms. A few months ago I went cold turkey off of vyvanse because I started having a racing heart and minor palpitations even at the starter dose. Without ADHD medication I do not feel like myself anymore. I know this is most likely because I went off cold turkey but I fear for my health if I continue to take stimulants.

Without my stimulant medication I feel like I am in a fog. I think so much that I am unable to sit and focus on anything. My memory also is very bad and I feel unable to experience pleasure. The stimulants had also lifted my symptoms almost completely, making me happy and stablizing my mood. On top of helping me focus which I am seemingly unable to do without them.

I feel unable to control anything in my life without my ADHD meds. I feel like if this state of mind does not correct itself I will never be ok again. Sorry if this is dramatic.

My questions would be: Does anyone have experience with getting off ADHD meds? Is your experience similar? And how can I cope with stimulant withdrawal?
litha11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37904, Skeezyks

Thanks for this!
mccarrolmike