bronzeowl
Poohbah

bronzeowl has no updates.

10 yr Member
287 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 19, 2016 at 11:07 AM

I know. Sometimes, I find myself wishing that it would. But I know it never works that way. Still, it is nice to have a good day once in a while.

She has asked a few times. I don't see her again for a while, though. I don't know where you live, as your account doesn't say, but the postpartum check ups do vary country by country. That is part of what has kept me down a few times. Postpartum care here is kind of lacking. It was hard for me not to feel abandoned. They spend 9 months doting over you, making sure you and the baby are okay, asking every question in their book to make sure you're not diabetic, or depressed, or developing preeclampsia... and then you have the baby, and the hospital keeps you for 2 1/2 days, and your next appointment isn't for six weeks. Six weeks feels like a really long time when you're postpartum, in pain, and depressed.

I can't lie, it was quite disappointing. The nurses at the hospital barely prepared me for it all. I was told to go to the hospital if I experienced a clot the size of a golfball. I did. Then they told me that the clot wasn't big enough. It was a good thing I went, though, as I was dehydrated. No one told me how much water to drink while breastfeeding, either. I did call my OB's office a few times, and they've been moderately helpful. But weirdly, I've found my breast feeding consultant to be most helpful thusfar. Elsewhere, I still feel a bit abandoned postpartum. I've found myself envious of some other cultures. One of the books I read mentioned that in some places in Europe, it's standard to have a one week postpartum appointment where the midwife actually comes to you. It seemed like a foreign concept to me.

I was called yesterday by someone from pregnancy care management. Given that I have a history of depression, I qualified for the program. She told me to either call emergency or call them. So, at least I know I can call her or my OB if it gets bad.

Thank you. I'm feeling relatively okay today. Still some intrusive thoughts, but I'm managing to silence them by ignoring them for the most part. I think I can make it to Monday.

and your soulmate kissing your forehead
when he thinks you're sound asleep

OSFED|MDD/PPD|GAD|gender dysphoria|AvPD
bronzeowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous37954