snarkydaddy has no updates.

10 yr Member
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 05, 2016 at 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atypical_Disaster View Post
I am a musician for a living. I've always been fine performing. It feels like anything else to me, I just do my thing as it were. When people talk about things like stage fright I just stare at them, I don't understand it at

If it's an issue of confusion then why not work on learning how people work?

"I may not be smart enough to be afraid of people." This statement doesn't quite make sense, can you indulge me and explain what you're talking about?

The fear is not about being afraid of a person. The fear is about not being able to process what happen. The fear is not external... It is fear of my self. It is fear of be able to control myself or fear that I am not going to understand it or fear of not even knowing something happened. And later be told by someone else I should have reacted differently. I am acutely aware that my emotions or perceptions of things do not match what others at large might experiences under similar circumstances. It is not being able to adjust or adapt to what I need to process inside or not perceive at all. The fear is about being competent to understand 1) what happen happen 2) respond appropriately

I will put it like this
I had cats 1) liked catnip
2) the other had no perception of it and got mad at the other cat as he believe there was something there by the reaction of the others cat but could not process it

As for live performances
Yes your description of not having stage freight is what I experience. As the worse thing that can happen is you start the piece over.
snarkydaddy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote