View Single Post
snarkydaddy
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2014
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 08, 2016 at 03:41 PM

It has been my experience when a person with a PD or traits (and I have traits) sets boundaries it actually a cover up for avoidance and/or pushing away behavior no matter how sincere the person may be, the core reason ends up being the inability to address a difficult matter is reasonable way. And the use of the word boundary gives avoidance and push behavior a pass.

Now that said there are many reason for a person not having conflict resolution skills or not being able to simply express what they do and do not like. Those skill are taught in childhood and develop into adulthood. In fact there is an entire industry that has been built for the work place dealing with such matters.

In healthy relationships a boundary is not associated with drama or conflict. A person simply has innate boundaries that they carry with them. And it is not an even a topic of conversation.

Now this post is a very simple view on the topic i will post a few article discussing this further if there is interest. Also I hope I have not offended anyone here... And if so I apologize in advance as it has become a sore spot with me and a bit raw. I will add there also seems to be a connection or correlation of this and being able to assert yourself within a relationship as well as identity issues which of course then leads to drama.

Any comments are welcome of course - Thanks

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, leomama