View Single Post
snarkydaddy
Grand Member

Member Since Feb 2014
7 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 09, 2016 at 10:41 AM

Leomama: I think one would ask rather what am I observing instead of feeling. As feelings are not objective, as they are produced by perception and can be misinformed by a false perceptions.

How we are affected by another persons behavior is exactly why this is a problem. The idea of using a word in this case "boundary" to cover up symptomatic behavior is not healthy nor does it lead to successful interpersonal relationships. This really is not rocket science as this is quite obvious in the example of avoiding and pushing away. Or when someone is first learning how to be assertive.

Healthy boundaries are not an issue as they are heathy. The problem is when a person who has gone into therapy, learns about boundaries & using this healthy idea to cover up PD behavior.

Again judging and discernment have nothing to do with being judgmental. A person who is judgmental has a cognitive issue in relationship to what they are looking at. But that is another topic just like the topic of boundaries are another topic.

This topic is about masking PD behavior with a word that is associated with healthy behavior...

I will post a few articles on this just incase I have not been clear here.

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, leomama