View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.6k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 25, 2016 at 12:54 AM

There are meals when all I eat is cantaloupe with cottage cheese. I look at it as fruit, dairy & protein all wrapped up in one dish & I need quick & easy most of the time or I won't eat at all, so that's better than not eating.

IMO, PB & J is good. You are getting bread/starch....PB is wonderful protein, & J even though it's got a lot of sugar, you do get some fruit.

Eating alone is never easy & cooking for one person is the most difficult thing I do.

The one thing I do love is my BBQ which I hadn't used much this summer but it's so easy to just throw a steak on or a slab of salmon onto the gas grill & poof, it's done in no time & adds a great flavor. Though the other night when I was BBQing my salmon I ran out of the propane. Luckily it was right at the end & my Salmon was finished being cooked.

I understand your struggle when eating alone though & many times when I've been working out in the yard, I'm just too tired to even want to think about cooking. If I don't have a quick salad to throw together or something easy, I just don't bother eating & that is really a lot less healthy than PB & J.

Be happy that you are eating even that during the difficult times rather than turning to not eating at all.

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018

Hugs from:
LucyD

Thanks for this!
buttrfli42481, LucyD