View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,876 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 17, 2016 at 07:35 AM

I do love my narcissistic mother. Aside from her being that, she is also so loving, wonderful and amazing. She is hilariously funny (in a narcissistic way, though). She is brilliantly smart (imparting words of wisdom that are quite skewed, but not wrong). She does crossword puzzles in pen. She has great language skills.

She has loved me as I am an extension of her. I have stayed in her good graces. We have had countless good times together. Yes, she is twisted, but she taught me the whole world is, too.

She had hard knocks that burst her bubble. My father's death took such a toll on her, she never recovered. Not, in her old age, the narcissistic tendencies have become out of hand and the depression and hysteria, too. It pains me to see her go down this way.

Yes, I have anger for a lot of things she did and said to me. But I also have infinite love for her. She is my mother. I have no doubt she truly loves me.

I am sorry you both had so much abuse you don't love or like your parents at all.

In my case, being a narcissist did not really make my mom a bad person. She's just twisted and a control freak. Her bark is worse than her bite and she is her own worst enemy.

I think one good thing she did and a reason why I feel better about her is because, while she was pretty abusive to all three of her daughters, she never pit us against each other. We are all together as daughters in a kind of therapy together where we finally figured out that mom is narcissistic/ histrionic disordered and can commiserate and support each other.

Last edited by TishaBuv; Oct 17, 2016 at 07:52 AM..
TishaBuv is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
*freak*