View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2016 at 02:30 PM

no I never got annoyed my whole system was built on keeping the secrets no matter what right down to having alters that would enact self injury actions as punishment for telling and being noticed. if someone said anything other than you, that pointed to them knowing there was others and that they may know the secrets, traumas and all that was being protected and hidden. sometimes when a treatment provider said you all or they someone inside would take over and ask something like is this like "we dont do that as in you are talking about yourself but trying to include me here" the treatment provider would laugh and smile then reword their statement or question using the word you. even now sometimes I will slip into the "we" word meaning I and have to rephrase it because I instantly have a self injury thought or someone else notices I slipped into the we phrasing. even here in my posts most times when I write the word we rather than thinking oh gosh this person had a past diagnosis of DID they may mean their insiders, others on here start thinking Im talking about others besides me. so even in this reference I am trying to not use plurals like we, they, them, and trying to stick with the point of view of singulars not plurals.

back on track no being called you doestn bother me and never did. a safety protection mode of mine to protect the secrets.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
elevatedsoul