View Single Post
Songbird60

Member Since Aug 2016
Confused Nov 07, 2016 at 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber1 View Post
Hi Dr John. My husband suffers with depression and at times closes down totally. There is very little support for partners of people suffering with depression. It would be nice to find other people who understand situation.
I can relate. My b/f has been diagnosed with depression and is on medication, seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist. He has had 8 jobs in the past year. He interviews well, but once he gets the job, he gets discouraged and quits after a week or two. Before he was on meds, he was verbally abusive to me and the road rage was terrible. He is much better now, but I cannot take the constant job hopping. He is retired and doesn't need to work, but I need to have him out of the house--when he is here, he micromanages everything I do--from what am I eating for breakfast to what am I wearing to yoga class to when will I be home. It drives me bananas. I spend as little time at home as possible because I cannot stand this. It is suffocating. The latest happened tonight. He was supposed to start a new job tomorrow, and I was so looking forward to having my life back after weeks of having him home. Tonight he announced that he would not go to this job because it's "not what I want to do." I am ready to pack this relationship in, and we've been together 8 years. Advice, anyone?
Songbird60 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote