View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Nov 07, 2016 at 03:56 PM

Hello snowbunny888: I'm sorry you & your bf are having this difficulty. From what you wrote, it sounds as though your bf's inability to maintain an erection is just one of a number of problems that exist between the two of you. Your bf's problem is likely due to stress / anxiety. This is one of those things that, the more it happens, the more a guy worry about it. And the more he worries about it, the worse it gets. It's a vicious circle, as the saying goes.

I don't know if your bf is seeing a therapist. But this is probably what is going to be necessary in order for him to resolve what is going on with him. Some couples counseling for the two of you may also be beneficial assuming you plan to stay together. (You mentioned your bf saying he fell in love with someone else. I wasn't sure if you meant he's now in love with another woman, or if you meant that he feels you're not the same person he fell in love with.)

You mentioned your bf has been both emotionally & physically abusive in the past & that you're also struggling with depression as well as being pregnant. (Hopefully you're getting some therapy services yourself.) You know, having a newborn in the home is going to increase the tension exponentially. So, from my perspective, I think it's going to be very important for you & your bf to start working on the issues you have between you as soon as possible.

Anyway... I see this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral… from the Skeezyks! I hope you find the time you spend here to be of benefit.

PsychCentral is a great place to get information as well as support for mental health issues. There are many knowledgeable & caring members here. The more you post, & reply to other members’ posts, the more a part of the community you will become. Plus there are social groups you can join & chat rooms where you’ll be able to connect with other PC members in real time (once your first 5 posts have been reviewed & approved.) Lots of great stuff! So please keep posting!

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
t0rtureds0ul