Thread: sharing my t
View Single Post

Default Nov 03, 2007 at 03:17 AM

i've had people ask me whether I could reccomend a good p-doc on a number of occasions but there were problems around their not having much health insurance coverage and being broke students. i just told them to get a referral from their GP...

but the other day one of my friends who has a tenured job (and is a Citizen so gets better health benefits) asked if I could reccomend someone for therapy and possibly meds. So... i emailed my p-doc / t and told him that i had a friend who had a tenured job, was a citizen, was married, has a nice place to live, functions really well etc, who would like to see a p-doc for therapy and / or meds. I guess i thought... that my p-doc would get someone else from his practice to give the guy a call. though i guess i thought it would be okay if he saw the guy that he was full and not taking on anymore clients at the moment.

when i went in t said... 'would you be okay with me seeing the guy?' i was like... 'sure. didn't i say that in the email?' and he was like 'yeah, but sometimes people don't like it when their friends see the same person they are seeing... just thought i'd check in case you have changed your mind...' i said it was okay. though... maybe started to feel a little bugged.

i know why i'm bugged. he said that he thought it would be optimal for us to see each other 2X a week but that he didn't have any times free for us to do that. but now he has time to take on a whole other client??? WTF??? i emailed him and said i found that surprising. but that it might be that he has openings for the times i'm busy... but that my friend is likely to be busy those same times (departmental seminars etc). but that... if he had space for seeing someone else then i don't suppose it matters to me whether it is not me because it is my friend or whether it is not me because it is some stranger. and... could make quite a difference to my friend.

why do i feel :-(

?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote