View Single Post
sunrise
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2007
106 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 03, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Hmmmm, alex, that is a very interesting situation and I had never thought of it until now. Would I recommend my T to a friend? I don't know. Maybe if it were in his other professional role to me, but not as a therapist. I'm not sure. I would feel a little weird, like therapy is very special to me, and something that is "mine." What if my friend started seeing T and then wanted to talk, like "T did this today, does that ever happen with you?" and so on. I would feel really invaded. I don't want to talk about T with other people (except here on PC where I don't know the people in flesh and blood). I know I felt a little weird with my husband when after a number of couples sessions, he wanted to talk about T--his life, m.o., etc. I didn't want to talk about that stuff with my husband at all.

alex, I can see how you would feel a bit duped or slighted to have your T tell you he had no time to see you twice a week but yet is willing to take on another client. I hope you can talk that out with him.

Very thought provoking question!