Thread: sharing my t
View Single Post

Default Nov 03, 2007 at 01:55 PM

i don't know alex... i think maybe your sense of friendship with this guy and guilt are maybe clouding your real feelings about the situation. You don't sound really ok with it at all IMO, it just seeps out... you *want* to be ok with it, and you have an admirable concern for your friend and i think these are being put ahead of your sense of security.

i could be wrong... but the flags i see tell me that this will grow and not lessen. Is the friend more special? Does he like him more? Do they relate better because they are both men? Did he cancel a particular session with you but not him? A holy host of possibilities spring up if there is even a smidgeon of insecurity.

it's a kind and wonderful thing to want to help your friend, and your goals of being more secure are good too... i just don't hear you saying that you are there yet. Already it has annoyed you. And it makes you concerned he would choose to see other people you don't approve of... see what i mean?

why don't you tell him the whole thing? That you really thought he'd recommend another person in his practice for this friend... and that maybe that would prevent issues for you. You have just had major progress forward between you, i'd hate to see you lose ground

then again, i could just be full of it... so take or toss as you see fit
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote