View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Nov 27, 2016 at 03:45 PM

Hello jjgbirder: Well... the Skeezyks questioned his career choice pretty-much throughout his life. But I just kept on doing it. Somehow, I could just never seem to get out. It wasn't pretty much of the time. Sometimes it was downright ugly!

One of the problems was that, as a member of the baby boom generation, there were always lots more people than there were jobs. Nowadays, at least where I live, employers can't find people to fill available jobs. So I would presume it would be at least a bit easier to make a change now than it was back in the day. On the other hand, I know it can be very difficult to find work that pays well unless one has high-value skills that are in demand.

There was an interesting article in one of our local newspapers today. It was talking about the large numbers of working-age men (ages 25-54) in the U.S. who are not working & not looking for work. It is estimated there are about 7 million of them. It is having a significant effect on the economy over all.

Anyway, good luck with your job search. I hope you find something that both suits your personality & that pays at least reasonably well. Even if the starting pay is not great, you can always build from there.

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote