View Single Post
steelcurtain27
steelcurtain27 has no updates.

8 yr Member
Default Dec 10, 2016 at 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kecanoe View Post
I'm diagnosed with mixed personality disorder with avoidant, dependent and schizoid traits. So perhaps I know a little bit about where you are coming from.

I agree that being diagnosed with a personality disorder is alarming. There is not much information out there that is very optimistic about changing when you have a PD. And I am 53 years old! And still very dependent on my therapist. And I hate that.

I also have tried bucket loads of antidepressants and none worked. I was on 5 at one time, with Abilify added in to augment the AD. The Abilify numbed me out some, which was a relief at the time.

The good news is that I believe I have found a therapy style that helps. I am less dependent, less depressed than I was a year ago. And this is after 5 years of deep, dark depression. The technique is called brain spotting.

Other than that, I have read that long term therapy can help. DBT helped me get along for many years-maybe that is something to consider.

I'll have to look up brain spotting, thank you.

I did DBT a few years ago but was a bit defiant about it so I don't think I got all that I could out of it. My NP says I should consider it again as well so I think I will. One fear I have is not being able to get up and going to the groups. Lately, I've been sleeping as much as 16 hours a day. I'm just so unbelievably tired. I hope this subsides as it's ruining my life (what little existence I do have).
steelcurtain27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote